Sedia Biosciences is hiring a QC Technician I at our Beaverton, Oregon location. At Sedia, we create diagnostic and disease-monitoring products that provide cost effective solutions for rapid, near patient testing. We are currently seeking responsible individuals motivated to help research and develop our future diagnostic products.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: QC Supervisor/Manager
Department: Quality Control
This position works under direct supervision to perform Quality Control functions including the inspection and testing or raw materials, components, and finished products in a medical diagnostic manufacturing environment. Works in compliance with the Quality Management System and under applicable quality standards such as ISO-13485 and CFR 21 part 820 cGMPs.
- Embraces Operation’s Core Values
- Performs inspections and testing on incoming raw materials (from both suppliers and contract manufacturers), manufactured components, and finished products, as appropriate.
- Analyzes QC data per SOP/work instruction under direction of Supervisor/Manager.
- Ensures all materials and product meet specified requirements. Ensures all documentation is complete and compliant with the quality system requirements and cGMPs.
- Reports and responds to nonconformances, planned deviations and corrective actions and other quality issues as needed.
- Performs environmental monitoring and documentation as required.
- Supports Equipment and Facilities management (e.g., ensures timely calibration/maintenance, maintains database, accurate labeling).
- Conducts analysis related to the performance of products and processes under direction of Supervisor/Manager.
- Works to recognize opportunities for improvement and drive improvements using Preventive Actions.
- Participates in inspection readiness activities.
- Must be able to work in a Bio Safety Level 2 Laboratory with blood-borne pathogens with training provided.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Degree(s)/Fields: Entry Level: High School diploma, Training Certificate, or Associates degree (technical field preferred).
- Relevant Experience in Industry: Entry level position.
- Experience in specific Responsibilities: Knowledge and experience with Quality Systems preferred.
- Supervisory Experience: None Required
For consideration, please apply with a resume and cover letter. Submitted below under “Apply Now” or by email or U.S. mail.
Submit your resume and cover letter as an attachment in either RTF, Word, or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the Subject Line of your email, enter: “Your last name, your first name, middle initial (middle initial optional), and Job Title (that you are applying for).” For example, “Smith, Mary, Lab Technician.” If you are applying for multiple positions, please submit separate emails for each position.
Submit your resume and cover letter to the address below. On the mailing address outside, send to the attention of HR indicating the position for which you are applying. You may list multiple positions in the attention line. Only one cover letter/resume needs to be sent if you are applying for multiple positions.
Sedia Biosciences Corp.
Attention: HR (List positions you are applying for, separated by commas, here).
9590 Gemini Drive
Beaverton, OR 97008-7166
ABOUT SEDIA BIOSCIENCES
Sedia is a privately held medical device and diagnostics company founded in 2009 and based in Beaverton Oregon. Sedia is committed to the development of novel epidemiological and diagnostic assays and clinical specimen collection products intended to expand access to healthcare worldwide. For additional information, see our website at www.sediabio.com.