Sedia Biosciences is hiring a Production Technician I at our Beaverton, Oregon location. At Sedia, we create diagnostic and disease-monitoring products that provide cost effective solutions for rapid, near patient testing. We are currently seeking responsible individuals motivated to help research and develop our future diagnostic products.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Production Supervisor/Manager
Production Technicians at Sedia will be responsible for the production of Sedia’s products. This includes the formulation of reagents, application of reagents to various materials, dispensing of testing reagents into vials, tubes, or bottles, capping and labeling of components and assembly of components into finished test kits. Technicians will be working with standard laboratory equipment as well as automated and semi-automated production equipment.
- Perform the physical tasks and transactions involved in the preparation of materials, production, assembly, and packaging of Sedia products.
- Set up, tear down, and cleanup of laboratory and production equipment.
- Must be able to work in a Bio Safety Level 2 Laboratory with blood-borne pathogens with training provided.
- Embraces Operation’s Core Values
- Foster an environment of strong team spirit, timely and effective communications, sense of urgency, high motivation and inspire teams to achieve goals in the immediate and longer term. Be an active and visible change agent, promoting flexible and open mindsets to new opportunities.
- Corporate Governance:
- Proactively promote positive Safety Culture and cGMP operating principles.
- Performs tasks in accordance with the governing document (e.g., SOP, batch record, work instruction)
- Ensures proper and accurate documentation of tasks
- Alerts Supervisor/Manager to nonconforming product and deviations from governing document
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Degree(s)/Fields: Entry Level: High School diploma, Training Certificate, or Associates degree (technical field preferred).
- Relevant Experience in Industry: Entry level position.
- Experience in specific Responsibilities: Knowledge and experience with Quality Systems preferred.
- Supervisory Experience: None Required
For consideration, please apply with a resume and cover letter. Submitted below under “Apply Now” or by email or U.S. mail.
Submit your resume and cover letter as an attachment in either RTF, Word, or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the Subject Line of your email, enter: “Your last name, your first name, middle initial (middle initial optional), and Job Title (that you are applying for).” For example, “Smith, Mary, Lab Technician.” If you are applying for multiple positions, please submit separate emails for each position.
Submit your resume and cover letter to the address below. On the mailing address outside, send to the attention of HR indicating the position for which you are applying. You may list multiple positions in the attention line. Only one cover letter/resume needs to be sent if you are applying for multiple positions.
Sedia Biosciences Corp.
Attention: HR (List positions you are applying for, separated by commas, here).
9590 Gemini Drive
Beaverton, OR 97008-7166
ABOUT SEDIA BIOSCIENCES
Sedia is a privately held medical device and diagnostics company founded in 2009 and based in Beaverton Oregon. Sedia is committed to the development of novel epidemiological and diagnostic assays and clinical specimen collection products intended to expand access to healthcare worldwide. For additional information, see our website at www.sediabio.com.