Sedia Biosciences is hiring a (Sr) Materials Clerk/Handler at our Beaverton, Oregon location. At Sedia, we create diagnostic and disease-monitoring products that provide cost effective solutions for rapid, near patient testing. We are currently seeking responsible individuals motivated to help research and develop our future diagnostic products.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Materials Manager
This position involves all tasks associated with receipt, storing, and distribution of materials, components, supplies and products. This position will include performing every element of processing the flow of materials from receipt thru the shipping of finished product to customers. The Sr. Materials Clerk/Handler will generally possess a good working knowledge of Material Handling workflow and potential issues.
- Performing the physical tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, and distributing of products, materials, parts, supplies and equipment.
- Fosters an environment of strong team spirit, timely and effective communications, sense of urgency, high motivation and inspire teams to achieve goals in the immediate and longer term. Be an active and visible change agent, promoting flexible and open mindsets to new opportunities.
- Receipt, unpacking, and inspection of incoming shipments against purchase orders and material specifications.
- Proactively promote positive Safety Culture and cGMP operating principles.
- Performs tasks in accordance with the governing document (e.g., SOP, batch record, work instruction).
- Ensures proper and accurate documentation of tasks
- Alerts Supervisor/Manager to nonconforming product and deviations from governing documents.
- Order fulfillment; picking, packing, labeling and documenting shipments, domestic and international
- Inventory and storage:
- 1) Works with inventory control tools and equipment to maintain records of merchandise received, stored, pulled, or shipped, as well as examine, stock, and distribute materials into inventory storage locations and onto manufacturing lines.
- 2) Perform Cycle Counts.
- 3) Segregates Expired material to prevent use and proper disposition.
- 4) Monitors stock and ensures adequate inventory is maintained.
- Work Order Preparation; may stage material for assembly or production.
- Pick up and/or drop off materials at suppliers or contract manufacturers as needed.
- Other duties assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Degree(s)/Fields: High school, Training Certificate.
- Relevant Experience in Industry: Minimum of 2-5 years of industry specific or related experience preferred.
- Experience in Specific Responsibilities: 3-10 years warehouse or material handling experience required.
- Supervisory Experience: None required.
For consideration, please apply with a resume and cover letter. Submitted below under “Apply Now” or by email or U.S. mail.
Submit your resume and cover letter as an attachment in either RTF, Word, or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the Subject Line of your email, enter: “Your last name, your first name, middle initial (middle initial optional), and Job Title (that you are applying for).” For example, “Smith, Mary, Lab Technician.” If you are applying for multiple positions, please submit separate emails for each position.
Submit your resume and cover letter to the address below. On the mailing address outside, send to the attention of HR indicating the position for which you are applying. You may list multiple positions in the attention line. Only one cover letter/resume needs to be sent if you are applying for multiple positions.
Sedia Biosciences Corp.
Attention: HR (List positions you are applying for, separated by commas, here).
9590 Gemini Drive
Beaverton, OR 97008-7166
ABOUT SEDIA BIOSCIENCES
Sedia is a privately held medical device and diagnostics company founded in 2009 and based in Beaverton Oregon. Sedia is committed to the development of novel epidemiological and diagnostic assays and clinical specimen collection products intended to expand access to healthcare worldwide. For additional information, see our website at www.sediabio.com.