Sedia Biosciences is hiring a Production Manager at our Beaverton, Oregon location. At Sedia, we create diagnostic and disease-monitoring products that provide cost effective solutions for rapid, near patient testing. We are currently seeking responsible individuals motivated to help research and develop our future diagnostic products.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: (Sr) Director/(Sr) VP Operations
- Has primary responsibility for and leads allactivities associated with the manufacture of Sedia’s products and intermediates (from general planning and scheduling to coordinating with Materials Management and Sales & Marketing for order fulfillment). Collaborates with Sales and Marketing to ensure adequate product is available in a timely manner.
- Works collaboratively with other departments to meet corporate objectives.
- Manages day to day activities of the manufacturing department at Sedia.
- Responsible for the overall organization, development, direction, coordination and evaluation of manufacturing department team members. Ensures all staff are trained to perform duties.
- Conducts Trend Analysis and Suggests Opportunities for Improvement
- Analyzes manufacturing data toward ensuring quality standards
- Drives continuous improvement of production methods.
- Performs analysis and suggests potential solutions to correct/prevent issues from recurring.
- Identifies possible changes to improve efficiency and consistency.
- Establishes and manages to departmental objectives.
- Ensures all production documentation is complete, accurate, and valid. Authors production related documents as required.
- Drives continuous improvement and cost saving measures. Create metrics/key performance indicators and maintain to proactively manage the validation program.
- May participate on Design Control project team for new products and assist with technical transfer of products and test methods from Research and Development into the production system
- Fosters an environment of strong team spirit, timely and effective communications, sense of urgency, high motivation and inspire teams to achieve goals in the immediate and longer term. Be an active and visible change agent, promoting flexible and open mindsets to new opportunities. Responsible for all manufacturing functions including scheduling thru final product packaging and assembly.
- Other duties may be assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for the overall organization, development, direction, coordination and evaluation of Manufacturing team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Degree(s)/Fields: B.S., MS, Or PhD in Biochem/Immunol/Microbiol/Biology/Genetics/Engineering or similar
- Relevant Experience in Industry: B.S. (6-8+ years), MS (2+), PhD (0); years in medical device, pharma or relevant area required.
- Experience in specific Responsibilities: Must have prior relevant laboratory experience. Experience working in the medical device or pharma arena under a quality system such as ISO 13485 and or CFR 21 part 820 cGMPs or GLP is preferred.
- Supervisory Experience: 3 yrs.
For consideration, please apply with a resume and cover letter. Submitted below under “Apply Now” or by email or U.S. mail.
Submit your resume and cover letter as an attachment in either RTF, Word, or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the Subject Line of your email, enter: “Your last name, your first name, middle initial (middle initial optional), and Job Title (that you are applying for).” For example, “Smith, Mary, Lab Technician.” If you are applying for multiple positions, please submit separate emails for each position.
Submit your resume and cover letter to the address below. On the mailing address outside, send to the attention of HR indicating the position for which you are applying. You may list multiple positions in the attention line. Only one cover letter/resume needs to be sent if you are applying for multiple positions.
Sedia Biosciences Corp.
Attention: HR (List positions you are applying for, separated by commas, here).
9590 Gemini Drive
Beaverton, OR 97008-7166
ABOUT SEDIA BIOSCIENCES
Sedia is a privately held medical device and diagnostics company founded in 2009 and based in Beaverton Oregon. Sedia is committed to the development of novel epidemiological and diagnostic assays and clinical specimen collection products intended to expand access to healthcare worldwide. For additional information, see our website at www.sediabio.com.