Sedia Biosciences is hiring a Materials Manager at our Beaverton, Oregon location. At Sedia, we create diagnostic and disease-monitoring products that provide cost effective solutions for rapid, near patient testing. We are currently seeking responsible individuals motivated to help research and develop our future diagnostic products.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director Operations/VP Operations
Has primary responsibility for and leads the materials handling organization including; purchasing, receiving, and distribution in activities related to all aspects of material movement and transactions in a regulated medical diagnostics environment. Establishes department goals and objectives in alignment with company objectives. Establishes, monitors, and reports on key metrics associated with efficient use of resources.
- Embraces Operation’s Core Values
- Fosters an environment of strong team spirit, timely and effective communications, sense of urgency, high motivation and inspire teams to achieve goals in the immediate and longer term. Be an active and visible change agent, promoting flexible and open mindsets to new opportunities. Responsible for all manufacturing functions including scheduling thru final product packaging and assembly.
- Corporate Governance:
- a) Proactively promote positive Safety Culture and cGMP operating principles.
- b) Performs tasks in accordance with the governing document (e.g., SOP, batch record, work instruction).
- c) Ensures proper and accurate documentation of tasks.
- Foster an environment of strong team spirit, timely and effective communications, sense of urgency, high motivation and inspire teams to achieve goals in the immediate and longer term. Be an active and visible change agent, promoting flexible and open mindsets to new opportunities.
- Responsible for the overall organization, development, direction, coordination and evaluation of the materials management team members.
- Develops and institutes material handling processes, procedures, and documentation.
- Ensures materials are available to meet scheduled production activities.
- Drives continuous improvement and cost saving measures.
- Other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Supervises the materials handling organization
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Degree(s)/Fields: B.S. with 8+ years of experience in relevant industry.
- Relevant Experience in Industry: 5+ years in medical device, pharma or relevant area required.
- Experience in specific Responsibilities: Experience working under a quality system such as ISO 13485 and or CFR 21 part 820 cGMPs or GLPs in medical device or pharma arena a plus.
- Supervisory Experience: Prior experience supervising material handlers, buyers, and distribution staff.
For consideration, please apply with a resume and cover letter. Submitted below under “Apply Now” or by email or U.S. mail.
Submit your resume and cover letter as an attachment in either RTF, Word, or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the Subject Line of your email, enter: “Your last name, your first name, middle initial (middle initial optional), and Job Title (that you are applying for).” For example, “Smith, Mary, Lab Technician.” If you are applying for multiple positions, please submit separate emails for each position.
Submit your resume and cover letter to the address below. On the mailing address outside, send to the attention of HR indicating the position for which you are applying. You may list multiple positions in the attention line. Only one cover letter/resume needs to be sent if you are applying for multiple positions.
Sedia Biosciences Corp.
Attention: HR (List positions you are applying for, separated by commas, here).
9590 Gemini Drive
Beaverton, OR 97008-7166
ABOUT SEDIA BIOSCIENCES
Sedia is a privately held medical device and diagnostics company founded in 2009 and based in Beaverton Oregon. Sedia is committed to the development of novel epidemiological and diagnostic assays and clinical specimen collection products intended to expand access to healthcare worldwide. For additional information, see our website at www.sediabio.com.